In an effort to be as transparent as possible with our customers, we've spent quite a bit of time consulting with our Managers and the Honda Certified Pre-Owned guide to give you a user-friendly introduction into the many details we inspect to guarantee you that 'New Honda' feel in every Used Honda that rolls off our lot.
Honda Certified Used Vehicles
You know every Honda is green, safe and fun. And a certified used Honda is no exception. You get all the benefits of a new Honda, including peace of mind and the confidence that comes with a factory warranty. That's because every Certified Used Honda must pass a series of dealer inspections to ensure it meets the most stringent Honda standards. That means every Certified Used Honda upholds the same dependability, quality and reliability Honda is known for.
Here are some highlights of the Honda Certified Used program:
- 7 years / 160,000 km transferable Powertrain warranty coverage, with option to upgrade to a comprehensive extended warranty.
- 7 days / 1,000 km exchange privilege.
- 100-point inspection.
- Carproof Vehicle History Report.Vehicle Eligibility Requirements:
Vehicles eligible to become Honda Certified Used Vehicles have to undergo rigorous inspections in order to provide our customers with that 'New Honda' feel, even though you get it from a Used Honda.
- All Honda models (such as used Civic or used Accord) originally imported, or manufactured, by Honda Canada Inc. for sale in Canada.
- All vehicles five model years or less prior to current are eligible.
- Vehicles that have been in service less than 6 years or 120,000 km.
- Routine maintenance is current or was brought up to current level with appropriate inspection for age and mileage.
- Warranty has not been cancelled (e.g. stolen, flood damage, etc.).
- Odometer has not been tampered with or the kilometers are known.
- No body or suspension modifications.
- No aftermarket sunroof or bush bar. Accessories like remote starter, alarms, audio, etc. qualify after inspection to ensure they will not cause any problem.
- No engine, emission or exhaust system modifications.
- No indication of significant body repair or frame damage that would affect the long-term durability, function or performance of the vehicle.
- Must pass a 100-point mechanical & appearance inspection.
- Must meet appearance & reconditioning standards.
- Vehicle History must be verified with a CarProof Vehicle History Report.How it works:
All of our Honda Certified Pre-Owned vehicles pass through a number of departments so the appropriate Managers can inspect the vehicle. Outlined below in brief detail are the overall steps taken to ensure Certification.
Vehicle Selection by Sales Department.
Our Sales Manager selects the vehicles that are to be inspected for possible inclusion in the program (for example: a used Honda Civic or a used Honda Fit). The Sales Manager then initiates the inspection and possible service process by completing the top portion of the Vehicle Inspection Form. The Sales Manager:
- Enters vehicle's specifications - such as VIN, mileage, model, etc.
- Checks for documentation - such as Warranty Manuals, Owner's Manual, etc.
- Obtains a CarProof Vehicle History report to confirm that the vehicle complies with eligibility requirements as outlined in "Vehicle Eligibility Requirements" section of this policy manual.
- Completes a Repair Order requesting the inspection, as per the Dealership policies.
- Routes the vehicle to service for inspection and reconditioning cost estimates.
- Vehicle Inspection by Service DepartmentOur Service Manager designates qualified, experienced service personnel to perform the inspections.
- A designated service manager will oversee the entire servicing process.
- A vehicle inspector is assigned to the vehicle.
- We make sure to thoroughly test-drive the vehicle and perform a full vehicle-underbody inspection with the vehicle on a hoist.
- The service manager designates service and/or repairs that will bring the vehicle up to Certified condition according to the checklist requirements. The inspector receives detailed instructions on what to inspect.
- The reconditioning inspection "is not to be used to increase service department revenues or profits beyond what is reasonable to meet required reconditioning standards".
- With these parameters in mind, the vehicle is inspected and estimates are made. When all estimates have been compiled, documentation of required repairs and costs for those repairs is returned to sales management for approval. Sales management must then decide to either accept the vehicle with the understanding that - if accepted ? all designated service and/or repairs will be made. The service and/or repairs designated by the service department are not negotiable.Mechanical Inspection.
Further to the aforementioned service checkup, every detail of your next used Honda undergoes thorough visual inspection.
Our vehicle inspector confirms that the following materials are available:
- Owner's Manual.
- Vehicle Warranty Manual. Order new manuals if they are missing or not in "near-new" condition.
- Radio theft code.
- Key code.
- Wheel locks, if equipped.Other important pointers include:
- Confirm that maintenance is up-to-date or update it to current. Record service history in the Owner's Manual (if not already recorded there) and sign or stamp the Service Record.
- Perform all necessary checks and mandatory parts replacement per the Mechanical Inspection checklist.
- Be sure to use Genuine Honda parts for mandatory replacement.
- If brake vibration is present, perform on-vehicle refinishing of the front rotors (rotor replacement is necessary only if rotors are worn to their service limit).
- For most 1993 and newer models, timing belt/water pump replacement is needed at 100,000 km intervals under most operating conditions. Consult the applicable Owner's Manual for the specific recommended replacement interval.
- Be sure to advise the new owner of the need for 100,000 km timing belt/water pump replacement (as may be applicable).
- Any automatic-transmission failure must be repaired by installing a Genuine Honda re-manufactured transmission. Dealer disassembly is not allowed for certification and is not allowed by the Honda Certified Used Vehicle Limited Warranty. A Genuine Honda re-manufactured transmission must be used.Appearance Inspection
All Honda Certified Used Vehicles must meet the complete Appearance Standards as identified in the Appearance Inspection checklist. Discrepancies must be identified and corrected before the vehicle can be given Honda Certified Used Vehicle status.
Appearance Repair Standards
- "Paintless dent repair" is recommended where possible.
- "Glass repair" is recommended for repairing windshield stone chips where possible.
- Honda procedures for repairing acid-rain and environmental-fallout paint damage
2017 Honda Pilot EX-L Navi
Price does not include taxes and licensing fees.
Mileage: 62,888 km
Body Style: SUV
Engine: 3.5L 6cyl
Exterior Colour: Black
Stock #: I200843A
Your safety is our Top Priority. We are constantly sanitizing our vehicles, offices, showroom, etc. Our delivery drivers will sanitize the vehicle before taking it to you. Drivers will wear gloves & w... Read More
Your safety is our Top Priority. We are constantly sanitizing our vehicles, offices, showroom, etc. Our delivery drivers will sanitize the vehicle before taking it to you. Drivers will wear gloves & will re-sanitize the vehicle before exiting. Any remaining paperwork will be carefully handled & delivered to the customer for completion, all while maintaining a safe social distance of no less than 2 meters. If you require additional safeguards, please reach out to our team. Value Market Pricing, No Accidents, Full Detail, AWD, 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels, 3rd row seats: split-bench, 4.25 Axle Ratio, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, 7 Speakers, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio: SiriusXM, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, Auto-dimming Rear-View mirror, Automatic temperature control, Brake assist, CD player, Delay-off headlights, Distance pacing cruise control: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Driver door bin, Driver vanity mirror, Driver's Seat Mounted Armrest, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Electronic Stability Control, Emergency communication system: HondaLink, Exterior Parking Camera Rear, Four wheel independent suspension, Front anti-roll bar, Front Bucket Seats, Front dual zone A/C, Front fog lights, Front reading lights, Fully automatic headlights, Garage door transmitter: HomeLink, Heated door mirrors, Heated Front Bucket Seats, Heated front seats, Heated rear seats, Heated steering wheel, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System, Honda Sensing, Illuminated entry, Leather Shift Knob, Leather-Trimmed Seating Surfaces, Low tire pressure warning, Navigation System, Occupant sensing airbag, Outside temperature display, Overhead airbag, Overhead console, Panic alarm, Passenger door bin, Passenger seat mounted armrest, Passenger vanity mirror, Power door mirrors, Power driver seat, Power Liftgate, Power moonroof, Power passenger seat, Power steering, Power windows, Radio data system, Radio: 225-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System, Rear air conditioning, Rear anti-roll bar, Rear reading lights, Rear window defroster, Rear window wiper, Remote keyless entry, Roof rack: rails only, Security system, Speed control, Speed-sensing steering, Speed-Sensitive Wipers, Split folding rear seat, Spoiler, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Tachometer, Telescoping steering wheel, Tilt steering wheel, Traction control, Trip computer, Turn signal indicator mirrors, Variably intermittent wipers. CARFAX Canada No Reported Accidents CARFAX Canada Low Kilometer Awards: * ALG Canada Residual Value Awards Odometer is 8851 kilometers below market average! Black 2017 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD 6-Speed Automatic 3.5L V6 SOHC i-VTEC 24V Honda Certified Details: * 100 Point Inspection * Finance from 4.49% for up to 72 months on all certified pre-owned Honda Models * 7 year / 160,000 km Power Train Warranty whichever comes first. Honda Certified Used Vehicles also have the option to upgrade to a Honda Plus Extended Warranty * 24 hours/day, 7 days/week * Vehicle history report. Access to MyHonda * 7 day/1,000 km exchange privilege.* Serving Community for Over 25 Years Transparent Process We utilize state of the art technology to price our vehicles, we do not inflate our prices. Reviews: * Many owners say the Pilot drives like it looks – big, comfortable, and stable. Ease of entry and exit, even for larger or mobility-challenged passengers, is well rated; and rear-seats are said to be usable by adults on longer trips. In all aspects of interior space and storage, the Pilot seems to have hit the mark. Other owner-stated plusses include confident traction from the fully automatic – though part-time – all-wheel drive system, and an excellent driving position, backed by above-average outward visibility. Source: autoTRADER.ca... Read Less